Monday, December 12, 2011

Books & Jeans.

Yesterday I was lamenting about how Beanie only has one pair of jeans that fit. How we made an Amazon wish list for the kids for Christmas and how everyone bought books. How I had asked for some jeans and clothes for her too. How I couldn't wait until our shipment from Osh Kosh showed up so she would have another pair of jeans.

My hubby replied that he was pretty sure no one ever grew up and worried about how they only had one pair of jeans that fit when they were four-and-a-half, but how people grew up (and grew intellectually) because they had many books to read.

Leave it to the hubby to keep things in perspective.

I love my husband.

That is all.

(And, don't get me wrong, I am super thankful that Beanie will be getting lots of books for Christmas. Really, that is what we wanted for her. I was just being emotional and am trying to re-tell the story. Don't want to sound like a thankless grinch ;))

3 comments:

  1. Wish lists never work out in our favor, either. But your hubby is a wise man ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always complaining about how everyone gives Moira books, when she already has more books then we can easily fit on her two bookcases, but I know in reality your hubby is right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.