Friday, March 12, 2010

The Waiting Game.

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today. After both my OB and my MW saying that 2nd babies tend to be born around the same time as 1st babies or a few days earlier I feel like I'm playing the waiting game. I should mention that I told both the OB and the MW that I figured he'd be here when he was well and ready and that I wasn't planning on him being 2 weeks early like his sister. That said, now that the time is getting closer it's seeming CLOSE.

For sure we are pretty much ready. As ready as we'll ever be! There are a few more things I'd like to get taken care of. I wish the weather would lighten up so we could go do something fun with Beanie. I get so tired and crampy doing anything it seems. We were supposed to go to a playdate this morning, but I just cancelled because I was up most of the night and Beanie got up pretty early today. Plus she was up in the middle of the night thinking there was a "monster on her bed." Ugh. Not a good time for nightmares to start :(

I feel bad that Beanie and I haven't done much fun lately. I know it won't last much longer though. Sure, there'll be a learning curve to getting out and about with the two of them, but I imagine we'll be getting out and about a lot sooner with 2.0 than we did with Beanie. We've been doing lots of puzzles and reading and playing, but Beanie is so social and I know she'd love to get out and play and be crazy with her friends. I do like snuggling with her though and am trying to make the most of this last time the two of us have one-on-one. Trying my hardest, although admittedly we've been watching a lot of TV too. But just in spurts. Still.

So, I'm waiting. Maybe for a long while. Maybe for a short while. I suppose I'm prepared either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.