Thursday, June 26, 2008

One year ago tonight....

I was sitting on the bed relaxing while hubby was looking at tv's at Circuit City. We had just finished eating dinner and he had headed out. He kept calling telling me how much this 46" plasma (or is it LCD, I don't even know) tv was, trying to haggle with the salesperson, calling me back, "should we get it?". On the last call he said "Are you okay? You sound weird." I replied that I was "feeling funny." Little did I know in less than 24 hours I would be a mom! My stomach started feeling odd, but it wasn't until about 9:30 or 10 that I realized "Hey, I think these are contractions and they're pretty regular too." At one I woke up and there was no questioning it. We finally headed to the hospital at about 9 in the morning, and our little girl was in our arms just over 5 hours later. Was that really a year ago? I have said this many times before, but it seems like just yesterday. She is getting so big. Tonight as I was putting her in her carseat I told her we were "going to go home, get our jammies on and go night-night." She replied "Nigh-nigh." Ahhh, it made my heart melt. She has gone from a little infant that basically sleeps, eats and poops to a girl who loves to laugh, make a scrunchy face, play with her best friend the kitty and blow kisses. I can't believe she will be one tomorrow. It has been such an amazing year; I absolutely love watching her grow and look forward to what the next year will bring. I'm sure it will be just as amazing, if not better!

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I love you more than I can put into words!

And, yes, we do have a 46" plasma screen TV in our living room. I completely attribute it to my head not being in exactly the right place at the time, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.