Monday, July 14, 2008

Routines.

Not only good for babies, but mommies too.

I was so proud of myself and really feeling like an accomplished SAHM before the family came into town for Bean's birthday. I was in a great routine. Got up in the morning, did chores, vacuumed and dusted the living room...every morning. Stayed offline. Stayed away from coffee, or at least drank a couple glasses of water before diving into the coffee pot. I was feeling accomplished, like I was getting things done and making some headway.

Then the fam came into town and things went to pot. I'd sat down a few times starting to blog about the happenings during their visit, but suffice it to say my mother-in-law has no respect for boundaries, the fact that I (or hubby) are the decision makers for Beans, or that we are a separate family unit of our own. I won't go into it more, I have finally (sort of) gotten over the craziness that ensued while they were in town.

I have struggled to get back into my feeling accomplished, get-things-done mode. It was a struggle to create the habit, honestly, and just when I was "getting in the groove" things got crazy. My habit hadn't been established long enough. So here I am, struggling, typing on the computer and drinking my coffee before any chores have been done this morning. My idea is to make a list of all the things I have to accomplish before I turn the computer on; it was working well to not get online until after Beans was asleep. Need to start that again. I feel so much better about myself when I have things accomplished.

On that note, I'm off to get some accomplishing done. Beans is getting a bit crankers anyways, so my coffee drinking time is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.