Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weaned.

Well, Beanie hasn't nursed in sometime over a week. It actually went really well. She didn't even ask night before last or for naptime yesterday & I think she only asked last night because she was so upset and throwing a tantrum, that she couldn't have another M&M after going pee pee on the potty and brushing our teeth.

See, I've been noticing that right before she falls asleep she pees in her diaper. Like she's almost out so I really don't want to get her up and change her. I don't really want her having a full diaper all night you know. So night before last I asked her if she wanted to go potty with mommy before bed. She did and promptly wanted a M&M. We had already brushed teeth and I felt guilty about her going to bed with M&M on her teeth..lol. So last night I made her brush her teeth again after her M&M. And she was so upset afterwards! Like literally sprawled out on the kitchen floor saying her first complete sentence..."I WANT MORE M&M'S!!!!" After that bedtime was sort of a battle.

Anyway, off that tangent. She's weaned. Its bittersweet. I know its great that we nursed for 25 1/2 months. Quite an achievement and I am very proud of that. She's getting to be such a big girl. I love every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you! That is an amazing accomplishment and you should be proud...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.