- I was sad to read in Bringing Nature Play Back that the average child spends only a 1/2hour per week engaged in unstructured outdoor play. I really like the idea of a dedicated digging pit. One of my favorite memories is playing for hours with my sister digging and playing in the dirt. I'm sort of sad we don't have a dirt area for the kids to dig in; they can help with the garden (once we finally get it going), but I think we'll save some garden boxes or get containers that are their own little spaces, too.
- There's a Summer Reading Challenge over at No Time for Flash Cards.
- Enter to win an Ergo baby carrier over at Job Description: Mommy. Or don't, giving me a better chance to win (just kidding!)
- A good reminder to take a break from technology and Be in the Moment.
- A good overview of carseat types and information over at The Stir.
- Amanda at Let's Take the Metro reminds us that by believing that we are enough we teach our children that they are too in I am Enough.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Sunday Surf: Late Edition
I haven't really been reading a lot lately. Well, except for links I see on Facebook. I'm trying to get back in to reading the blogs I enjoy, but here are some of the best things I read last week: