Friday, June 3, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread
I'd been wanting to make zucchini bread for quite a long while and we finally got around to it. I've been pretty pleased with how all my breads have been turning out, so yay! I used a tiny bit of xanthan gum, but I think I probably could have left it out since there was so much moisture in the recipe anyway.

If we ever get around to planning and planting our garden, I'd love to grow some zucchini and yellow squash. The weather this weekend is forecasted to be spectacular, so maybe we'll get around to weeding and digging out some of the old owners' stuff in the next few days. We need to do the digging quickly as some plants are popping up that are really encroaching on our blueberries.

Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

4c coarsely shredded zucchini
3c gluten-free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour)
2c sugar
1c canola oil
4 eggs (beaten)
1Tbsp + 1tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2tsp gf baking powder

Directions:

  1. Generously grease two bread pans. (I use Spectrum palm shortening)
  2. Beat all ingredients at low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
  3. Pour in to pans and bake at 325 degrees for 50-60minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
  4. Cool ten minutes, then remove from pans.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.