|Oatmeal Berry Cookies|
Last week I made my first batch of gluten-free cookies. I was very pleased with how they turned out! At first I thought they were a little too crumbly, but I quickly realized that was only because I was eating them before they cooled. They were delicious. I think this is originally the recipe from the Quaker Oats box, but I've had it in my cookbook for so long I'm not 100% positive.
Oatmeal Berry Cookies
1c Earth Balance dairy-free, soy-free butter
1c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2c granulated sugar
1 1/2c Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flour
3/8tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2tsp flaxseed meal
3c oats **
1c Trader Joe's golden berry blend (dried golden raisins, cherries, cranberries and blueberries)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat "butter" and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs & vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, xantham gum, baking soda, cinnamon, flaxseed meal, and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats and berries; mix well.
6. Drop by rounded Tbsp (or larger if you like big cookies like me!) on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12min (13-14min for larger cookies) or until golden brown.
8. Cool on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Yield: 18 large (like six per cookie sheet) cookies.
** Since I am not gluten-intolerant myself, I just use regular oats. If you are dealing with Celiac's or other gluten intolerance, you may want to seek out gluten-free oats due to the risk of cross contamination. For more information on oats, click here.