Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: 03/28


Well, our first week back in to menu planning went pretty well. The weather was nicer than expected a few days so we barbecued. And we ended up making breakfast for dinner one night as Bubby's well check exam ran into our usual dinnertime. We also ended up going out to eat one night with my sister. And, somehow, our leftovers never seem to make it around for Leftover Buffet -- I don't know if it's that Beanie is eating more, I always eat leftovers for lunch, or what.

We didn't make the chicken enchiladas last week, but we ended up making them tonight. I've found that gluten-free tortillas just don't roll up quite as nicely (or really at all) as their gluten counterparts. It's somewhat frustrating trying to eat a taco or enchilada or what-have-you and have it crumbling apart before your eyes. Tonight I decided that instead of making my enchiladas the usual way that I would just layer the tortillas, chicken, sauce and olives into a dish. It worked out pretty well!

Deconstructed Enchiladas. Forgive the cell phone pic.
All menus are wheat-free, dairy-free and soy-free or easily adapted to be.

Sunday: Chicken Enchiladas
Monday: Whole Chicken (in the crockpot)
Tuesday: Stuffed Peppers
Wednesday: Leftover Buffet
Thursday: Broccoli Beef
Friday: Stir Fry (with coconut aminos sauce)
Saturday: BBQ ??? (I'm holding out hope for nice weather sometime this week!)

I'm linked up an I'm an Organizing Junkie so click on over for more menu planning ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, bbq weather is always too tempting when spring finally gets here ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.