Here, here to my 2nd edition of the Sunday Surf. Here are some of the best posts I've read in the last week.
- A reminder from the Hippy Housewife to Beware of the Baby Trainers.
- In case you missed it, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) updated their recommendation on car seats.
- If you have questions or think the new AAP recommendations on rear-facing carseats until age 2 are too much (they aren't!), read Rear-Facing Until 2 Years Old: Why Not? And, for what it's worth, Beanie rode rear-facing until she was over 2 1/2 and she's so tall she was the height of an average four year old then. Your child is not too tall to ride rear-facing.
- Sheila at A Gift Universe wrote this well thought out and informative post on Food Sensitivities.
- Interesting article that doesn't weigh in on whether or not people should be religious, it just looks at mathematical models that point to the idea that Organized Religion 'will be driven toward extinction' in 9 countries.
- Catherine Deveny writes that all children need is to know they are loved.
- Lauren at Hobo Mama wrote a guest post about preparing an older sibling for a new birth at PhD in Parenting.
- Mamapoekie talks about spring cleaning in cyberspace, something I think is a great idea.
- Read Ina May Gaskin's Vision for the future of maternal health care in America.