Monday, September 12, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 09/12


Now that we're back from vacation, I'm reading to get settled back in to our routine, including weekly menu planning. We really have been able to save a lot of money while still being able to eat organic (we mostly only buy organic for the dirty dozen and milk, although we add to our organic purchases as we are able to). Most of our food purchases are whole, fresh foods -- it's nice to see the grocery list coming together and the produce section overtaking everything else on the page. In recent months we've been eating out more than we'd like, but we really need to reign that in, too (and more than we'd like amounts to about two - four times a month). It's not as healthy for us and a real budget buster so we'd like to save any dining out for our date nights.

Without further ado, here is our plan for this week. All meals are gluten-free and dairy-free. Most are also soy-free.


(Meatless) Monday: Yam and Black Bean Burritos
Tuesday: Chicken Cacciatore (trying out my mother-in-law's recipe for the first time; I'll let you know how it goes!)
Wednesday: BBQ Pork Tenderloin with spinach salad w/ dried cranberries & almonds
Thursday: Rice and Beans
Friday: BBQ Flank Steak with quinoa salad (going to make quinoa with black beans and salsa -- super easy and yummy)
Saturday: Gluten-free pancakes (we've been using GF Bisquik because Glenn likes it the best, but I want to try out making some from scratch), eggs, and sausage
Sunday: Turkey burgers in a lettuce "bun" with spinach salad w/dried cranberries and almonds

I'm linked up at I'm an Organizing Junkie so click on over for more menu ideas.

2 comments:

  1. This is the recipe I use for pancakes but now I do it with 100% oat flour. I use rice milk and have replaced the eggs with Ener-G. It makes a big batch of dry mix. Once you mix it up, it's just as easy as Bisquik to make! cmlhealth.blogspot.com/2010/09/100-whole-grain-pancake-mix.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - you are my new hero! My husband is the chef in our home; I help him shop just to be social. (Does that sound awful?) I would rather read & write than cook; must be why I'm the "laundry chick" in my house.

    PS I'm one of the Sept NaBloPoMo bloggers and decided it was time to "visit."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.