Monday, September 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 9/20

Well, we're really getting back into eating at home now. I'm so ready to feel in control of my eating again. And, I told Glenn I was taking over meal-planning and cooking this week. He's awesome and cooks quite a bit of the time, but I know it's stressful for him sometimes and I really want to try and make a change and see if I can help. Added bonus, I'll feel in control of being able to menu plan and save money and he doesn't have to worry about making dinner when he should be getting ready to wind down for bed.

 We'll still plan seven meals for seven days and I'll pick the night before for the following day.

Indonesian Chicken
Meal 1: Beans & Rice -- pork sausage, kidney & pinto beans, and mexican-style diced tomatoes served over white rice.

Meal 2: Italian Sausage Soup

Meal 3: Indonesian Chicken (I use balsamic vinegar + a dab of molasses in place of the soy sauce to make it soy-free)

Meal 4: Chicken Fajitas (corn tortillas for me, flour for the hubby and kiddo)

Meal 5: La Bamba Casserole (no cheese for dairy-free)


Meal 6: Pho (Going to try this new this week and adapt to make with chicken)

Meal 7: Pork Chops with spice rub and BBQ sauce. I'll probably try to make some gluten-free cornbread and green salad to go with it.

Visit Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more recipe ideas.

3 comments:

  1. I love Pho - both with chicken and with beef! We make it a lot - it is one of those meals that you feel great after eating. I think it is the combo of fresh herbs (we always top ours with lots of cilantro and mint) and hot sauce - phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are trying to get more ethnic foods - Arkansas has a very limited selection of good food to get out- at best- mediocre. It's very middle of the road on so very many things and so we're always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making the Italian Sausage Soup tomorrow - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.