Saturday, May 31, 2008

Time flies....

My friend's baby shower is today & it just brings me back to all that we were doing one year ago. Her due date is July 9th (although I think they moved it up a little); mine was the 10th last year. My baby shower was this week last year too. Bean's room wasn't even completely set up yet, I had just gotten back from a stint at L&D (complete with a shot of terbutaline to stop contractions) and I was still working full-time. Sometimes it seems like yesterday, and other times it seems like it was ages ago. Now we are closing in on her first birthday, need to get some decorations, plan some food. I sent out the invitations yesterday. Its hard to believe that a year ago I was baby-less, and even harder to believe that in less than one month I will have a toddler! *gasp*

She is cruising around more and standing on her own often, only for a few seconds though until she realizes crap, I'm standing here not holding onto anything...what do I do know??? I think she might start walking soon. That will be exciting and fun, and I imagine it will be easier to chase her down for a bit because she'll be a little slower when she starts out walking. Not for long though...then I'll need my running shoes!

It is amazing how much a year changes everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.