Monday, December 1, 2008

Let's get this show on the road!

Well, last month I had set out to see if I could blog each day. Obviously I didn't make it too far so
I'm going to try again here in December. I've got enough on my mind lately that it shouldn't be a problem finding something to blog about each day! So, let's go :)

First off, a bit of fluff and then later I'll try to get around to updating about everything...

I've always known I've had an uncanny ability for remembering numbers. When I was the dairy manager I remembered UPCs and order numbers like no tomorrow. Sort of weird, maybe, but it sure made ordering go fast. Well, last Saturday I had my first shift cashiering in over a year. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) I remembered almost all the produce codes, and even some of the "weirder" ones like bundles of firewood. I assume my awesome memory will make cashier training a little more than boring this Saturday, but, hey, it'll be an easy eight hours of pay. But then it got me to thinking, just how much knowledge is my brain unable to hang onto because I have hundreds of grocery codes stuck in my head? Logically I know we use a miniscule amount of our actual brain capacity so I'm not really worried about it, but it funny to think about.

On Wednesday I am scheduled to do receiving so we'll see just how much my brain remembers of that! I am looking forward to it, but not looking forward to getting up at 4am, or unloading the truck with the forklift. I think I'm going to have to practice my driving skills before the driver gets there.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe - I often wonder how much of my brain is being consumed with useless trivia. :-) Glad to hear that being back at work isn't all bad (although the 4am stuff would kill me!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.