Monday, February 23, 2009

Tantrum-y toddler.

Ugh! I fear Beanie is entering the tantrum-y (is that a word? It is now!!) phase. Her newest thing is to shake her pointer finger at you and say "No! No! No!" Sigh, it just screams brattyness (another new word!). Today we were getting ready to head to the park with our friends and she was over the top cranky. Like make-mommy-want-to-pull-out-her-hair cranky. She was screaming bloody murder while I changed her diaper and put on her pants, socks & shoes. I had to use the restroom before we left and she laid out on the floor kicking the door. What the heck? Luckily she was pretty happy once we got outside and she burnt off some energy. Still, she told her little friend "No! No! No!" while she was trying to come down the stairs at the playground.

What happened to my happy little girl? I know she must be cutting some teeth. Finally, I swear these canine teeth have been taking just about forever and a day to come in. But, what's with the brattyness? Makes me feel like I did something wrong. I know she's just screaming out for her independence and wanting to do what she wants when she wants, but still! Its frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. There must be something magical about the three nos - Alex likes to say "no, no, no" while shaking his head at you, and he says so in this sad, pleading way that I'm afraid makes outsiders think that I'm torturing him or something... I'm afraid it's probably part of the approaching Terrible Twos. :-( Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.