Thursday, April 2, 2009

Toddler-proofing.

Ah, one thing I didn't consider getting this furnished rental was how un-toddler-friendly it was. As Glenn said, if he were a bachelor or we were a young childless couple (ok, we are young still right so just childless) then it would be awesome. But we're not and there are a lot of things I'm going to have to move around. The first was the wine rack with a tray on top. The tray had a vase and a decorative plate on it. Yea, its in the closet now.

Beanie already took a tumble down the stairs. She is a master at going up, down not so much. I was out bringing things in from the car and she tumbled down while Glenn was watching her. She almost bit it again this morning. I've been trying to show her how to slide down on her bum (tried as in every time we go down the stairs I slide down on my bum too) and I'm hoping it sticks. I tried to put the baby gate up this morning but I think that the trim is in the way and it isn't going to work right.

I love the location here and wish it would stop pouring buckets of rain so we could head out and walk. Well, that probably won't happen until we're all done moving things out of the condo so lets hope for sunshine by the weekend. We are within walking distance of the lake, the park, the library, the grocery store, post office, ummm...just about everywhere! Love it.

Okay, that's it for now. More to come when things settle, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.