Saturday, April 25, 2009

An update of sorts.

Things are moving ahead on closing of our new house. The sellers agreed to repair & reseal the roof and to do all the other items listed in the inspection report as well. While at first we were pretty disappointed with the offer about the roof (we had asked for a credit to get a new -- and newer technology -- roof) we are now quite excited. I mean, we can't really ask them for a roof that we get to enjoy for the next who-knows-how-many years and if they are going to bring it up to snuff then that is great. I am a little worried about all the repairs getting done by closing (2 weeks from yesterday), but we can always delay a bit if we need to. I don't want to, but we could.

******

Beanie was on a rampage earlier this week. On Monday she refused to nap and instead decided to scream and throw tantrums all afternoon. Tuesday night she screamed bloody murder for about 3 hours in the middle of the night. I swear I thought the neighbors were going to call CPS or something. It was ridiculous! I don't know if it was bugging her to have her fangs coming through the rest of the way or what, but I am glad she is in better spirits the last few days. I was really about to pull all my hair out, and I think Glenn was too.

******

We have been going for walks almost every day and I am loving it! I am going to be sort of sad to move away from our current location (gotta love being a few blocks away from everything) but I think the sadness will be overcome by the excitement of being in our own home. I am excited to have backyard playdates with Beanie's friends and am planning (or at least starting to plan) her birthday party and a housewarming BBQ as well.

******

Beanie is a fish. We started giving her baths again when we moved into the rental and she LOVES them. She doesn't want to get out of the tub and all day long she says "more quack-quack" " more bubble" "more bath." I think we need to sign her up for some swimming lessons or something. I don't want her to be scared of the water like her mama. While I can swim (barely) I am pretty darn afraid of the water. So much so that I missed out on snorkeling in Maui. Maybe I need swim lessons too?

Well, that's it for now. Just wanted to pop on here for a sec and let you know all is well!

/ oh and if you follow Beanie's blog I have finally put some new pics up. I think we're almost all the way caught up. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.