Friday, January 6, 2012

C-O-F-F-E-E.

The hubby always laughs when I sing the following song:

"C-O-F-F-E-E. 
Coffee is not for me.
It's a drink some people wake up with,
That it makes you nervous is no myth.
Slaves to the coffee cup,
They can't give coffee up."


I laugh too.

It's sort of an inside joke with us.

The shocking part is that I learned this song in fifth grade choir. Wow.

I've been tired lately. So tired. Like drag my behind around all day and then lay in bed at night unable to sleep. Damn insomia. I'm sure part of it is the building stress we have going on right now. Part of it is the dreary, dark Pacific Northwest winter. Part of it is increased anxiety (and that is probably from reason #1).

For awhile I was drinking a lot of coffee. I used to try and skip my morning cup of joe if I thought I'd have an afternoon espresso. Lately it's been a cup in the morning (and, of course, a cup in the morning is really never one 8oz cup) and a good, strong homemade espresso in the afternoon.

The last few days I've skipped the cup of joe in the morning AND the afternoon espresso. Granted, I have had a nice cup of tea in the morning so I'm not really getting rid of caffeine, but I feel so much better. I was worried I'd be really tired or have a headache or something, but, surprisingly, I felt pretty good all day. I think I'll stick with the tea in the morning thing and see how it goes.

I'm not going to give up my afternoon espresso here and there though. Hubby makes a damn good espresso and it's a nice little treat in the afternoons. I'll just try to make it a sometimes thing rather than an every day thing.

***Wrote this yesterday to publish today & I did have a small cup of coffee this morning to start hubby's long weekend. Maybe I'll try to go a week straight with tea in the mornings and see how I feel???***

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I could give up my morning coffee, though I did stop with the afternoon drinks when I started Weight Watchers. That was more for the points though and I'll still occasionally have a diet coke or something later in the day. What's funny is before I worked for Nordstrom I pretty much never had coffee lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I had such a hard time giving up coffee...I still sneak one every once in a while. And by a while, I'm talking about maybe once a month :) I drink a cup of tea instead, but every once in a while I consider finding a coffee pot so I can have a cup! I do feel better when I don't drink coffee, so at least there's that :) And it's been a year for me already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vice is even worse... I an a diet soda junkie! Ugh... I know I need to give it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.