For more great reading, visit Hobo Mama or Authentic Parenting for the latest Sunday Surf and linky.
Well, we have about five or six inches of snow here so it's been a quiet (and fun) weekend. Beanie is very excited about all the snow. Bubby enjoys looking at it, but is a little intimidated trying to trudge around in so much snow. He's quite happy to be carried around and look at it though.
- My Secret Life -- I loved this post on cutting out distractions and getting back to what's important. I've been making my time in the playroom "hands free" and am trying hard to move towards that in all my time with the kids.
- Unwind -- This post about parenting and marriage really, really spoke to me. Like I cried reading it. Hubby and I went on a date last night. I wish we could find a way to go on more. Baby steps.
- Did you check out the Carnival of Natural Parenting? It was all about experimenting with green living and I loved reading through the posts. Since the carnival I've been using a homemade facial scrub every day and I will never ever go back to using a commercial one. My skin feels so nice!
- I really liked these two videos. I know, I know...not something to read, but they're good food for thought. Anything but an Atheist! and Anything but an Atheist II.
- It was brought to my attention that the UW School of Nursing wants to end the nurse midwifery program because they said it didn't meet a "societal need." There's a petition on Change.org to save the program and I urge you to sign it
Well, that's all. Happy reading!