Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wish me luck!

I have my gestational diabetes test tomorrow afternoon. I've got a game plan on what to eat for breakfast (normal -- Luna bar when I wake and an egg, sausage & English muffin a bit later) and lunch. Lunch is going to be a spinach salad with grilled chicken, cheese, tomato and avocado. Some might call this "cheating" (some have), but you know what...I could really care less. I have been making more of an effort to eat healthier this pregnancy (although it may have gone by the wayside this week with pumpkin bread and birthday cake) and it's not too much of a stretch for me to have no carbs for lunch. So there. And it's not your stupid diabetes test anyways. Considering last time I failed the both 1hr and 3hr tests by one point and went on the strict diet and faithfully tested my blood sugar and could still eat a blueberry pancake breakfast without my numbers spiking I'm not too worried about it. If I fail then boohoo I'll go on the diet (planning on skipping the 3hr test if I fail). At the very least, it did help me only gain 4 lbs from 24-38weeks pregnant last time. If I pass, then I'll still try to eat better and stay healthy. For me and for Baby 2.0.

And, if I gain more weight this time it's okay Mom. I do know then I'll have that much more to lose. I'm not really that concerned about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.