Friday, December 31, 2010

Sayonara 2010.

Me at the beginning of 2010
Apologies for my lack of posting lately. We've been busy and I've had a lot on my mind, things that I doubt anyone is really interested in reading. The holidays were busy, the kids were sick, Glenn's cornea got scratched (bad!) by Bubby, I've been feeling very down and anxious about things, etc etc. I want blogging to continue to be a creative outlet for me, not something I feel like I have to do. So, if I feel like I want to read, or watch TV, play Fruit Ninja, or just do whatever after the kids go to bed I am. Glenn's work schedule has been different and we've been able to hang out after the kids go to bed. He's been able to help Beanie lay down while I nurse Bubby to sleep. It makes things so much easier.

2010 has been an interesting year for us. Not bad, but definitely not what I expected. I started out with lofty goals. I was going to get my life together. Then we had our second child, our first son. We survived colic. And an elimination diet. Food sensitivities. And thrush (times four!). And finally succumbed to the realization that I needed some help, that how I was feeling wasn't normal, that I had PPD/PPA. We got involved with an amazing mom's group and I am so thankful for that. Beanie has blossomed into an amazing three-and-a-half year old. We're having some difficulties right now, but we're working through them. I'm excited to dedicate some more one-on-one time with her in the coming year. Glenn has proven over and over (and over) again that he is the most amazing husband, father and partner. I don't tell him enough, but I should shout it from the rooftops.

Towards the end of 2010.
I'm looking forward to the proverbial clean slate that comes with the new year. I'm still considering all I'd like to accomplish. For now, I'm keeping it simple:

Add myself to the list of people I take care of.

I want to be in good physical, mental & emotional health. The rest can, and will, come later.

I'd like to explore some new avenues with my blog, but, like I said, I don't want to get sucked in to worrying about page views, followers and statistics. I want to write, to share, and to enjoy it. Hopefully the rest will come along with it.

Do you set New Year's Resolutions? Care to share?

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Your resolution sounds like a perfect one. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes that you make with your blog. I agree that it's best to write about whatever you really want to write about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! Of course my usual one is much like yours--good physical and emotional health. This year mine is heavily focused on weight and fitness since I am still medically overweight from pregnancy. Home organization is another much needed change for our family. Finally, I want both Chris and I to make a resolution regarding parenting (and agree on it for once!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I say, the people in your life don't get the best you have to offer until you take care of yourself first.

    If you're not 100% then no one can get that from you either :) It's something I'm working on for 2011 as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.