I've been wanting to get on and write a quick post about this, but it's been a rough week. I've had the headache that just won't stop -- the kind that comes and goes and debilitates you and nauseates you. I think the combination of corrective care on my neck and personal stress is just too much right now. My chiropractor thinks the stress is probably playing a greater role, so I'm going to try and rejuvenate a bit this weekend.
The Natural Parenting Blog Party is hosted by The Peaceful Housewife and is going on right now. I'm excited to find some new blogs to read (I've decided to spend more time reading, whether it be blogs or books, and less time staring mindlessly at stupid stuff on the Internet).
Anyway, here's a bit about me:
- How many children do you have, and how old are they? Two, Beanie is almost 4 and Bubby just turned 1
- Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent? I have an amazing husband who I totally take for granted sometimes. He really is great. Works his butt off at work so I can stay-at-home with the kids and then comes home and helps around the house more than anyone I know.
- What are your “hot button” parenting issues? The two I feel most strongly about are breastfeeding and informed birth choices.
- Have you made any parenting choices that you didn’t think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting? I said I'd never cosleep -- haha! I LOVE cosleeping.
- Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting choices? Not really. Just learning to trust my own instincts.
- If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use? Beanie: Energetic, Bubby: Observant
- Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change? I regret not transferring prenatal care earlier with my son. We transferred at 34 weeks and had a great experience. I wish we would've trusted that switching was the right thing to do earlier on.
- Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at? Right now? Gentle discipline.
- Now for the fun questions – is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day? I think I could eat pho every day.
- Vanilla ice cream or chocolate? Usually I'd say vanilla, but since I'm dairy-free for my son I prefer chocolate coconut milk ice-cream. I think the chocolate flavor masks the coconut flavor better.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Hmmm -- I have food on the mind because of the ice-cream questions, so coconut milk ice-cream or some tasty cookies.
- If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be? The Daily Show or The Colbert Report. I miss cable when I think about those two shows.