Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happily Surprised

Night I of our new bedtime routine:

Well, here I sit at the computer typing with both hands as Beanie is sleeping in her pack and play. It has been almost 50minutes now (not long I know, but for us it is definitely a step in the right direction). I am happily surprised *knocks on wood*.

I did learn something already tonight. The bedtime routine is going to need to start earlier than 6:30pm. My planned routine is bath-read-nurse-lullabies (if needed)-sleepy time. Tonight we skipped the bath because she had one earlier after a BIG dirty diaper, so we started with reading. Well, we only got through one book before Beanie was done and ready to nurse and go night-night. I should've known as she usually does fall asleep between 6:30 and 7. I was mostly being selfish wanting to start at 6:30 because then I could watch the national news before bathtime. Guess I'll be switching to the ABC news which is on at 5:30 instead of 6.

So we read Moo Baa LaLaLa (her favorite, and mine too) and started Big Bear, Little Bear, but she had had enough and was ready for boob and bed. She nursed, I unlatched her and replaced my boob with a pacifier for her to suck on. I held her for a short while to make sure she was good and sleepy & laid her down in the pack and play. She did not even rustle!! Usually as soon as I start lying her down she is crying, fussing, rooting for the boob, but not tonight. I am so proud of my Beans. And proud of myself too for actually lying her down.

It has been a good night. A good step in the right direction. I was thinking of scrapbooking a little or maybe reading some more of the No Cry Sleep Solution. We'll see. Maybe I'll play on the computer more; I can type so much faster two-handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.