Monday, April 14, 2008

Me. A Mommy.

I have always looked to writing to get my feelings out. It always seemed to be the most cathartic method for me. When I was younger I would write in my journal every single day. As a teen, I would sit in my bedroom and write, write, write. I probably have about twenty-plus journals that I have filled with my thoughts. In the past ten years or so I have rarely kept a journal. I can't put a finger on why, just that I haven't. I have been thinking about starting this blog for a little while. I started my other, more random blog, but I thought this would be a good way to express my thoughts about being a mom...what it means to who I am, what I do, and how I think of myself. A more personal look into who I am perhaps, at least as personal as I feel like getting with the internet.

I'm Kristen, my daughter was born June 2007. She is my everything. It is hard to remember what I was like before I was a mom. Its not that who I am has changed so much, I am still, in essence, the same person I was before mommyhood but so much else has changed. Mostly the changes have been good (read...GREAT) but there have also been changes that, while I wouldn't call them bad by any stretch of the imagination, have affected me differently. I guess its to be expected. Before you are a mom, everything can be about you. When you're pregnant, everything definitely is. People ask, "How are you feeling?"...they want to know about you, they dote on you. The moment you give birth to your precious little one that all changes. It is no longer about you. Will it ever really be again? Like I said, I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, its just something that happens and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.