Thursday, April 24, 2008

Third place.

As a wife and mom I put everyone's needs before mine. I make sure the little one is taken care of, I try to take care of the chores around the house (okay, I have been seriously slacking in that department lately), I try my hardest to make my husband happy, etc etc. So here I sit, my hair hasn't been cut in almost a year, my legs need to be shaved (I mean really need to be shaved), my eyebrows need waxing, I need new socks, I've got one pair of jeans that fit well. I could go on, but you get the picture.

I know I should take the time for myself, but for some reason I don't. Maybe because when there is a little bit of free time I feel like I should be vaccuming, dusting or doing dishes. I imagine this is a pretty normal phenomenon of motherhood, but I do think it is important to try and find some time for myself too so I don't lose that "self" that is somewhere within this wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.