Saturday, January 23, 2010

If I wasn't laughing, I'd be crying...

***You've been warned -- this post is very rambly!!***

Let me tell you, yesterday was just one of those days.

I had neglected to polish off and print my birth plan before my appointment in the afternoon, so I was clamoring to get it done yesterday morning. I mean, really it was pretty much done; I just wanted to add in a few things that I had forgotten. So I work on the computer and then head over to the printer. I was so excited that (I thought) we had one printer that worked and wouldn't have to take a potty training Beanie out for any more errands than absolutely essential. But, damnit, I thought the printer needed a USB cord and thought I had found one lying around, but NO I had the wrong cord. So, I head over the computer desk (which is currently set up in the dining room with our non-functional desktop on it -- and it's non-functional because it too is missing a cord) and dig around to see if I can find the cord I need for the printer. I move my birthing ball out from under the desk to see if the cord is on the floor. Nope. Bummer. Head back up to kitchen to text Glenn about the lameness of not knowing where so many of our cords are. I notice he had texted me earlier saying that as he was walking out the door for work he noticed that Sam (a.k.a. Stinker right now) had either thrown up or pooped on the carpet. Um, it wasn't throw up and as soon as I turned around to look and see where it was I noticed it. All over my birthing ball. Yup, I had rolled my birth ball right on top of Sam's shit. Ugh! Pissed. Add to it that the dumb cat has been doing this more and more often and keeping us all up at night and being an overall stinker (hence, the new name) and I was mad. Add in the anxiety I already had about my thirty week appointment that afternoon and the missing printer cord and I was a wreck. A hormonal, pregnant, emotional wreck. I found some gloves (because us preggys aren't even supposed to clean up cat poop for crying out loud) and proceeded to try and clean up the poop. I threw up and Beanie was super worried about me. As I'm cleaning up the poop, I hear Beanie proclaim from the living room, "Mommy! I'm pooping!" Ah, just what I need...more poop. Luckily, it was a false alarm and we made it to the potty.

Then I find another printer cord in a box in the closet. Unfortunately, it was a cord for our other printer. So now I have two printers with a cord each, but can't find the other cord each one needs. And my desktop is missing it's power cord. I'm sure they are all in a box somewhere. If only I knew where. Sigh.

So I wait for Beanie to pee on the potty one more time and we decide to head out for a quick errand. I put underwear, pants and socks in a Ziploc bag and throw it in my purse. Her underwear, pants, and socks. She was wondering "Why you put my pants in your purse??" over and over. We headed out to go to the library and print out my birth plan.

I have a flat tire. Like FLAT flat. I've been having troubles with it and we need to get it fixed, but money has been on the tight side lately so it hasn't gotten done. Luckily, we have a pump thingy that hooks into the car so I pump it enough to make it to the library.

Glenn had turned around Beanie's carseat on Thursday. Or was it Wednesday? I don't know because we've pretty much stayed hold up in the house close to the potty. To be honest, it's left me feeling a little tied down and batty. Beanie was amazed. "Oh, my new carseat!!" she exclaimed. For the record, it's not new...just forward facing. Once the tire inflated, we headed to the library. Beanie was ecstatic. Apparently Mommy drives too fast when we go to the library and she pointed our dang near everything she saw. There were constant "woohoos" and "weeeees." She danced like you wouldn't believe when I turned up the radio. Seriously, you would've thought we were at Disneyland with all the fun she was having just being forward facing in her carseat.

How could I be anxious and sad and stressed watching that? I couldn't. I laughed the whole way to the library.

And, just so you know, the birth plan got signed off on! I had been very worried about some things regarding my care with my current OB (who I loved with Beanie) and was considering switching to a midwife. It's a long story that doesn't need to be fully explained in this post, but let's just say I am a lot happier and convinced that I can have the birth experience I want with this provider, barring any unforseen circumstances of course. The biggie was that I did not want a HepLock (an IV that's not hooked up, but rather taped down on your arm basically) and I knew she wanted me to have one, or at least preferred it. We talked about it for quite a long while (nice not to feel rushed through my appointment this time) and she signed off on my declining it, but asked that I think about it. She said she had told me her reasons for thinking I should have one. I've thought about her reasons (we had discussed them about six weeks ago) and I just don't think it's necessary. I've got incredible veins so I'm sure an IV could be placed quickly, even in an emergency. And, let's face it, in an emergency we'd be waiting for an operating room anyways, not an IV that takes minutes to place.

So, yea, feeling good about things again. Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders with that one.

And I'm trying to laugh about everything else. Kittycat is at the vets right now to find out if there's anything medical wrong with him. I assume it's all behavioral which worries me because we've been trying to give him more attention and all and he's still being ornery. In the next few months we're only going to have less time and attention to give to him. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Any chance there are cords in a box somewhere here? Maybe just thrown in at the last minute? I'm glad Lexi likes her "new" car seat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your appointment went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam told me last night he really enjoys walks in a stroller...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.