Monday, January 4, 2010

Off to a good start.

I feel like I really got off to a good start for the week. You know, with my big let's-get-this-show-on-the-road goals and all. I like to think my week starts on Monday anyways; I work all day Sunday and isn't it better to end the week with a workday than to start the week with a work day? Lol.

Beanie and I went to a playdate this morning. We both had fun seeing our friends. It's been awhile since we've been to a playdate with our mom's group, mostly because of the holidays I think. Beanie has been talking about wanting to see her friends like all day every day so it was good to get out!

We did a lot of fun activities too and I managed to clean the dining room completely which was my clean-a-room-a-day goal for today. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle the hall bathroom which will surely not be as easy or fun, if you can call any cleaning fun. The dining room is my favorite room in the house though, so it is nice to have it clean and looking good. I made a second batch of our Deceptively Delicious blueberry lemon muffins. They were quite a hit and I had some squash puree left over from the other day.

We've been doing a lot better with keeping the TV off and, for the most part, have been watching better (in my opinion) shows. Beanie's new favorites are Sid the Science Kid, Super Why?, and Word World. I'm okay with SpongeBob finding his way to our cable graveyard, but she has been watching a little -- I've been trying to cut down to (at the very most) one episode of SpongeBob a day. I think we were on a little SB hiatus for 3 or 4 days, but Glenn and Beanie watched quite a bit on Sunday so now I'm going to have to work on watching other shows again.

I'm feeling good about things. I always tend to get a big burst of motivation and energy about these type of things though and then they peeter out (isn't that how most people's New Year's Resolutions work???) so I'm trying to keep this one going. Any ideas on how to stay on task are much appreciated! I'm trying to find ways to get all the chores and et cetera done that I want without sitting Beanie in front of the TV for hours on end each day. Can there just be two of me? Or maybe 5 more hours in the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.