Sunday, February 28, 2010

CAUTION: Entering crazy I'm-about-to-have-a-baby pregnant zone.

On Friday it hit me. I'm 35 weeks pregnant. And it was almost the end of February which meant that long list of things that I had wanted to get done "by the end of February" should be almost done, right? Because I had like 2 days to finish it.

So I immediately went into freak out mode and made a huge long list of things we *have* to get done in the next week. Glenn wondered why they have to be done next week and I'm like because they HAVE to get done!!! Enter the crazy I'm-about-to-have-a-baby zone. The zone where I think of anything and everything we still need to do and want it done yesterday. The zone where I drive Glenn completely nuts for the next two weeks until the baby comes.

With Beanie it didn't happen so early on I think. I remember freaking out that he HAD to install the carseat one night. That night I went into labor. So I was, what, 38 weeks exactly the night I freaked out about the carseat. Okay, in all honesty I think I had been bugging him about it for a week or so and then finally was like "It HAS to be done tonight!!!" And we had more time on our hands last time around so the room was ready and etc. We had a shower so we had lots of clothes. Too many clothes -- like so many that some of the ones I'm passing on still have tags on them and quite a few have never been worn. But I am swapping clothes with a friend as soon as I am healthy (it's certainly thrown a kink in my get-everything-done plans to be sick!) and, really, newborns don't need that many clothes. And, I'm sure those who do gift us things will gift clothes. I registered for a few (boring) things like diapers, tylenol, nursing pads, and on and on but I really doubt anyone is going to buy me a tube of lanolin. But, clothes...I'm sure we'll have an abundance of and (again) probably more than we need.

I never was a crazy nester with Beanie. You know, like the people that go and scrub the corners of their rooms with a toothbrush. But, I'd really like a clean house before 2.0 arrives. Between our stressful week the week before last and all three of us being sick last week we are way behind the times. I'm hoping we can all start feeling better and start crossing things off one by one. My goal is this next week because, in reality, I know it's going to take longer. Seriously, I can barely unload and load the dishwasher and switch the laundry without having contractions. I have Braxton Hicks all day long. They've really kicked it up a notch in the last few days. Probably doesn't help to be sick.

And I have a 2 1/2 year old who has decided she doesn't want to listen to anything Glenn or I say. Mostly me it seems. Between being sick, pregnant and achey I have no patience for her lack of listening lately. It makes me feel bad, but I think most anyone would probably react the same way. We talked about what we were going to work on today (um, listening) so let's hope we make some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.