Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today is grocery day. And other somewhat interesting updates.

Well, today I'm set to go to the grocery store. I've made a list, complete with dinner ideas. Just to satisfy your voyeuristic tendencies *wink wink* (and because I'm hoping maybe you'll share some dinner ideas since it seems we always cycle through the same few dinners) here is what we're having for dinner in the coming week:

--Tacos
--Chicken Cacciatore
--Crisy chicken strip wraps
--Chicken and stovetop
--BBQ Ribs

I don't profess to be doing anything fancy here. The Chicken Cacciatore is in a jar from Trader Joe's. I'm going to fancy it up a little with celery, carrots, zuchini and yellow squash (sssh...don't tell Glenn, he shys away from cooked veggies). And chicken and stovetop? Yea, super fancy. But add some veggies and mashed potatoes and its sort of like Thanksgiving dinner. Just with chicken.

******

Beanie has been doing better sleeping on her own. There have been a handful of nights where she's slept in her own room by herself until 3:30 or 4am. Yay! Most nights she rustles around and wakes around midnight. I usually end up falling asleep with her then, although I've been trying harder to stay awake and head bcck into the master. And I can actually fall asleep, usually pretty easily, in the master now. Progress.

******

She is still nursing, usually just once or twice a day. Her nursing sessions are very quick, making me wonder just how long our nursing relationship is going to last. Really I'm okay if she weans right now if that's what she wants. I'm also okay with nursing before naps and bed for awhile if that's what she wants. We'll see. I'm sort of taking it day by day right now. Yesterday she didn't want to nurse before her nap, just fell asleep. The same thing happens at night sometimes too. She's been horrible with her latch and a bit chompy (molars maybe?) so I've been cutting her off at night sort of. It takes her longer to fall asleep that way, but I told her she can only nurse if she's going to nurse, not if she just wants to play. She seems to understand. Sort of.

Okay, that's all for now! I've felt like with this whole blog-a-day thing that I haven't really been writing about any Beanie stuff, so I wanted to make sure I actually blogged about some parental stuff too :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so nice right about now. I have a 6 month old that does nothing but nurse all night! I went through this with my son too. I try to remember you miss it when it's gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we get in a rut and eat the same old but if you'll send me your email (meaganlayne76@gmail) I will send you some recipes if you'd like? Maybe you can send me some, I could 5 day a week and I am over it all right now! I have a great recipe for Chicken Adobe (a Filipino dish), loaded baked potato soup, easy pizza, 10min homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. Just let me know what you like and I will come up with somethings! BTW, I am getting caught up on all your post and I have to say the are pretty good chick, making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.