Friday, May 22, 2009

Bow envy.


You know those little girls you see running around with cute little bows, barettes and headbands in their hair? Yea, Beanie is not one of them. No matter how hard I try she does not like "bow-bows." Or she likes them, just on her toes. She will routinely ask for bow-bows only to sit down and put them all over her toes or fingers. Not in her hair. Never in her hair. And, yes, she managed to put all those bow-bows on her toes all by herself.

I honestly don't know why I even bother anymore. Still I hold out hope that someday Beanie will become the little girl who likes her hair pulled up. Maybe?

Sometimes (a very few sometimes) she will ask for a bow-bow and pat her head. On the off chance I actually get it in her hair (beacause usually as soon as she asks for it she changes her mind) it doesn't last longer than a minute or two. On the very rare occassion it has lasted longer than those first initial minutes (usually by distraction) it comes out as soon as Beanie realizes it is up in her hair.

So, moms of girls, is there any hope that Beanie will someday wear clips or should I just give up already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.