Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Super Exhausted.

So this probably won't be as thorough as it could be ;)

I've been sleeping in the master for short bits at night. Mostly for the start of the night. Beanie has been waking up more than she was when we were cosleeping. I'm not surprised. The first night I actually fell asleep in the master (yay!) but the damn cat was racing around the house and startled me awake (like seriously startled, you know the feeling when you get woken up just as you've drifted off to sleep) and woke up Beanie too. I went in to cuddle her back to sleep and fell asleep with her. Night two Beanie put up a terrible fight going to bed. I was exhausted and fell asleep next to her. I woke up an hour or so later and went into the master. I think I fell asleep, but not really sure. I may have just been daydreaming, staring at the ceiling when she woke up. Tonight she put up another incredible fight going to bed. I'm not sure if its the change in sleeping arrangements, the fact that I think she's getting her 2 year molars in or what but I am so over the whole yes-mama-I'm-overly-tired-but-no-way-am-I-going-to-sleep thing.

Tonight I was in tears because I was just so exhausted. She said "Mama" and started rubbing and patting my back. Then promptly went to sleep. Sweet girl. I love her so much. It was a long evening so I don't think that helped. She was cuckoo-baby-nuts and Glenn was all upset because he couldn't watch the news without her making noise. He wanted her to sit still and watch the news with him. Hello??!?! She's 2. I don't think she's really into the national news. And so he got all snappy with me, like why can't I take her into another room so he can have some peace and quiet and watch the news. Yea, because I have like no interest in peace and quiet or the news. You know, sometimes it just happens you don't get to watch the show you want to watch. That's part of having a toddler!

Anyway, quite a tangent there...sorry! She is sleeping now and I should be too. While she hasn't been nursing at night she has been waking a lot (teething again?? I wonder) and wanting to play with my boobs. I try to nip it in the bud (pun intended...lol) because it sort of drives me batty. I don't mind her using me as a pillow, but I do mind her little baby fingers all over my boobs. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I'm just trying to take it one night at a time.

So, consider yourself updated! For now I'm going to try to go to sleep. Or at least stare at the ceiling in the master until I'm really super exhausted enough to crash out.

And, in other news for you die-hard Beanie fans, she pooped on the potty today. That's right...#2! She got a whole bunch of M&Ms for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.