Friday, November 6, 2009

Blog Fart Friday.

I'm not feeling particularly inspired today, so I think I'll participate in the shenanigan called Blog Fart Friday. That's what I get for not blogging this morning when I am (generally) more inspired to write, or really do anything. Now I've got the afternoon blahs and you've got Blog Fart Friday.

******

I'm 19 weeks pregnant today. I am so anxious for our ultrasound next week. I'm sort of driving myself batty because I am convinced I should be feeling more movement from Baby 2.0 by now. I didn't feel movement with Beanie till pretty far along (probably a couple more weeks) but still, you know everyone talks about how much earlier you feel it this time around. And I do! But I just feel like I should be feeling more. I don't know, like I said its driving me batty.

******

We had the craziest storm last night. Seriously, I woke up at about a quarter to midnight because of this huge flash of lightening what seemed like right outside my window. The rain was pounding and the wind was pushing it right against our windows. It was so loud! I was sure Beanie was going to wake up, even went into her room preemptively, but she didn't even though I couldn't sleep a wink through the whole damn thing. Luckily it didn't rain all night and Glenn didn't get soaked at work, but we've had off and on crazy weather today. Like right now its blue skies and pretty gorgeous. I'm wondering what tonight will bring.

******

We had some friends over for a playdate today. It was lots of fun. I've decided I should probably host more playdates because they really make me get my butt in gear and tidy up the house. Because, let's face it, I've been having some serious don't-like-my-house issues and having it all clean and gorgeous makes me like the house a lot more. In fact, I haven't had too many I-hate-this-house episodes lately. I'm (maybe) starting to like it and even look forward to our future here, especially the remodeling and putting our own touches on everything. We are going to re-do the nursery next week and I am so excited! We're also ripping up the god awful purple shaggy carpet in Beanie's room to put new flooring down. And maybe I'll actually get around to stenciling those butterflies on Beanie's wall too.

******

Speaking of house issues, my current worry is where we're going to put our Christmas tree. I know, nothing like really big shit to worry about, but I really was crying over it. I'm sure those tears can be blamed, in part, on crazy pregnancy hormones but still. Glenn says we can put it in the dining room. What?!??!? I mean, does anyone put their Christmas tree in the dining room? I'm still trying to figure out some way we can move around our couch and get a tree in the living room. I'll make sure and keep you posted on this major household dilemma.

******

After a few days of awesome potty training (even one day with NO accidents) we have resorted to diapers for the most part the last two days. On Wednesday Beanie had three accidents early in the day. She pooped her drawers and peed on our (new-ish) leather couch twice. Like literally just sat there and peed like she didn't even know it was time to go. After these accidents she was very upset saying she "couldn't peepee in the potty anymore." She really wanted to wear undies but refused to pee in the potty. I told her when she wanted to be a big girl and use the potty and wear underwear she could let me know. She wore undies a bit Wednesday afternoon but other than that we've been back in diapers. Someday, right?

******

Okay, that's all my brain can fart out right now! Hopefully I'll have something a little more insightful to write tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Just to ease your mind. I am barely feeling the baby now. I get some flutter here and there but nothing consistent. I also thought I was going to feel the baby earlier, but its not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it when you fart. I mean, I liked this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.