Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberries Overfloweth


That's what 7 1/2 pounds of blueberries look like.

We went to an organic blueberry farm to pick berries. We picked. And picked. And picked some more. Beanie did really well, although I'm pretty sure we probably should've paid for about 8lbs of blueberries for all the ones that made it into her tummy instead of her bucket.

I have lots of ideas for things to make. Not sure I have 7 1/2lbs worth of ideas, but, really, we'll probably go through a pound or two just snacking. Blueberry muffins, blueberry scones for Glenn, pancakes, granola bars, fruit leather, smoothies. Dinner bribery for the toddler ;)

I'm thinking we'll have to go out and pick some blackberries later this summer too. One thing I might sort of miss about the condo (and there's not much that's for sure) is all the blackberry bushes that were right out back.

What are your favorite things to make with blueberries? I'd love to try some new things out!


3 comments:

  1. That's how we picked blueberries when I was little! A good amount made it into your mouth before the bucket! I keep thinking of taking Scotty to my dad's neighbors to pick...I think I might sometime in the next week or two. I LOVE blueberries...I like to freeze them and then snack on them as I please. Blueberry pie is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS! I love blueberries! And blackberries. Blueberry pancakes and muffins are two of my faves! And cheesecake with blueberries on top! Blueberry ice cream? Smoothies! With french vanilla yogurt. My stepsister made a yummy dessert for Independence Day but it has cream cheese and Cool Whip. I can't remember if you added dairy back in successfully? What about cobbler? I have a yummy easy recipe. It calls for all-purpose flour but I'm sure there's something you could substitute... Let me know if you want either recipe! I'll try to think of other ideas too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those look yummy! Blueberries are one of Alex's favorite fruits, although he usually just eats them plain right out of the fridge or off his plate. We do blueberry muffins, pancakes, and waffles sometimes as well. Can't wait to hear all the yummy things you make! Just make sure Beanie doesn't turn blue like in Willy Wonka... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.