Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Elimination Diet: Reintroducing Soy

I reintroduced soy today with a caramel macchiato from Starbucks. It was okay. I really don't care for Starbucks in general. And then it dawned on me that the caramel most likely had dairy in it.

FAIL.

If what I've been reading is accurate though, I'd be surprised if soy was what was causing Bubby so much upset. According to what I've read, most children who have an intolerance to soy react to the protein and have an easier time with the oils. I had little, if any, soy protein during Bubby's first couple months. Maybe some tofu once or twice. So either Bubby is in the smaller percentage of kids who react to soy oils consumed by Mama or (hopefully) he won't have a problem with them.

We'll see what else I eat (drink) for my soy reintroduction. I was thinking of maybe making some stir fry with rice noodles and tofu, but I sort of wonder why I'm going to the effort of worrying so much about the soy proteins when they're not something I regularly consume anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.