Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's a good day.

Ah, the sun is out. Beanie is running around in the backyard. Bubby is snoozing and I'm taking the opportunity to drink a bit of coffee and have a bit of time to myself. Once there's a little more shade out, Bubby and I can go out back and enjoy the gorgeous weather too. Glenn said he wants to go do something fun after he gets off work, so we're trying to make plans for the afternoon.

I love today.

I had a glimpse of feeling guilty that Beanie is out in the back by herself, but I really need about two seconds of time to myself. And, I'm in the dining room with our huge windows cracked. I can feel the breeze and hear her playful laughter. Nothing brings a smile to my face more.

I've been having a rough time lately. I know some people have it much, much worse than we do, but it's been hard. I've been down. And anxious. Having bad dreams. Lonely. It's been hard. I'm trying to keep an eye on things because I do have a history of depression and anxiety. I want to make sure we notice the signs of post-partum depression should they be arising.

I miss my hubby. I appreciate that he's working so much so that I can stay at home. I feel bad he didn't get a day off in almost 3 1/2 weeks. It was hard on him. And me. And Beanie. I'm jealous that other families go out and do fun stuff on their weekends while we don't seem to have the time (or energy or motivation or whatever).

I've recently gotten more involved in my AP mom's group. It's really nice. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and everything. I have a hard time forging good friendships anyways, so it's nice to fine a place I feel "at home." It helps to have a super outgoing three year-old who makes friends wherever she goes. I'm excited to meet more people in the group & make some long-lasting friendships.

Well, gotta run. Bubby is up. Beanie is singing, "It's a happy day...I feel okay..." (Thanks Caillou).

It's a good day and I'm quite thankful for that.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having such a good day! Good for you for keeping in touch with yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, as long as you can see/hear her, she'll be fine in the backyard! I let Scotty run around out there all the time! And you're not the only one feeling down about times being tough...we haven't gone out to dinner or a movie in at least 6 months...yikes! I can't remember our last date night, the hubby rarely takes time off and is frantically wroking trying to get things happening so he doesn't have to go back to MS or something like it. It seems like it's a never ending battle, to be honest.

    Anyhoo, enough about me :) Let me know if you guys would be up for a playdate...we've been pretty bad about doing anything lately and I'm sure Scotty would have fun, I'd love to get some more adult interaction as well! Enjoy the sunshine, we'll be out in the sprinkler sometime this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you need to talk about anything. You know sissy understands the busy-busy not enough time in life stuff. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.