Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Best Birthday Ever!"

As Beanie sat eating a quite large piece of her chocolate with raspberry filling (her pick) Dora the Explorer (also her pick) birthday cake, she exclaimed, "Best birthday ever!"

No one asked her. She just said it. I didn't hear, but Glenn asked me if I heard her and told me what she said. I grinned from ear to ear. After opening her presents she ran around the house some more and repeated the phrase again and again.

I'm so glad for the people who came. I was bummed that so many of her friends couldn't make it; I was bummed people cancelled out last minute then night before (you get a pass if you were sick and had a fever!); I was upset with some other things too. If only you knew Beanie had been talking about her birthday party since January you would know that it was a pretty big deal. It hurt me only because I wanted my sweet little girl to have the time of her life at her birthday party.

The weather wasn't the best, but it was dry enough that we could go outside (with coats on) and the kids could run around and play. We had way too much food and way too much cake leftover. Waaaay too much cake when you figure Glenn is the only one in the house who will really be eating the leftovers. We did freeze some though.

I'm so glad that she had such a good time. We have some good friends and family who made the day very special for her. And, gasp, I just can't believe my little girl will be 3 in exactly one week. We're having a park playdate with my mom's group next Friday (crossing fingers the weather holds out for that!!) and we'll have a small celebration as a family on her actual birthday.

Yes, it looks like Beanie really will have a birthday week. And probably as soon as she turns three she'll start talking about her next birthday party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.