Thursday, June 17, 2010

Elimination Diet: Day 6

Holy cow, am I really almost a full week in?

Today it was the usual oatmeal and dried fruit for breakfast. I haven't noticed any problems with my oatmeal consumption (and by problem I mean enormous engorged milk jugs) until today. I think it probably has more to do with the fact that Bubby is quite congested and was having a really hard time nursing last night (and all day today) because he's so stuffed up. The thrush seems to (thank the FSM) be getting much, much better so I don't want to start dealing with other breastfeeding issues like engorgement.

Lunch was a delicious salad. I had green leaf lettuce, canned chicken (it's been sitting in the pantry FOREVER and I finally decided to use it!), sliced apples and the Annie's Italian dressing. It was yummy.

Dinner consisted of chicken, pineapple and peppers over rice. Glenn and Beanie had the sweet and sour chicken from Trader Joes and I just had a chicken breast. It was yummy.

I picked up some rice milk at the store. Going to try that tonight and see what I think. But, best find of the day was the Bob's Red Mill gluten-free, dairy-free brownie mix. Glenn found it. It does call for butter or margarine, but I will substitute Spectrum Organic Shortening. Another mom told me it worked well for baking. The mix also calls for an egg, but I'm sure there's something I can substitute for that as well...looked online quickly and saw a lot of ideas. I'm excited to make them. I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.