Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Elimination Diet: Reintroducing Wheat

Today I reintroduced wheat. Obviously, wheat is a biggie. I sort of have the feeling that if Bubby does in fact have an intolerance to something I am eating it's going to be something I eat quite a lot. Like wheat. Or eggs. Or soy. Dairy may play a part in it, because he did do better without the dairy. Just not good enough.

We went to Costco last night and I picked up some of the Dave's Killer Bread. At the risk of sounding totally dorky it is, um, killer. I love this bread. They have another variety at Costco, but I prefer the Good Seed bread. It's hearty and tastes delicious. Beanie likes it too, although recently she has decided she doesn't like crust on her bread anymore. I don't know where she got that, but I'm hoping it's just a phase.

So this morning for breakfast I had some Good Seed bread with the Earth Balance vegan soy-free "butter" on it. Boy, it hit the spot. I like bread. A lot. Which is part of why reintroducing wheat is such a biggie to me. Being able to have wheat would open up a lot of things in my diet. You do have to do a lot of label reading though, because quite a few breads have dairy and soy in them.

Things seemed to go well with the reintroduction of tree nuts. We did have a rough day over the weekend and Bubby did have one mucousy poo yesterday. But, he also seems to be fighting a bit of a cold and he's drooling up a storm (I actually now do see two little bottom teeth under his gums -- not the same white spots as the other day though). I also had quite a few of  those muffins over the weekend and had a huge over supply of milk which probably caused him some discomfort as well.

It's all kind of a mind game. I am hoping something will stick out and we'll have an ah-ha moment. At the same time, there are so many other things going on it might be hard to tell. And, Bubby can't exactly tell us what's going on. I don't want to feel like this elimination diet is for nothing if we don't have that ah-ha moment. He did show improvement while I was on the two week elimination. I hope he keeps showing improvement and that, if there is an underlying food cause to his discomfort, it shows itself readily. Who knows? I guess the next few weeks will let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.