Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Elimination Diet: Day 3

Day 3 was all about salad. I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast. With this thrush right now, I am finding out that a little supply boost may not be such a bad thing.

Lunch (and dinner actually) consisted of a salad and rice. The salad was delicious! I had green leaf lettuce, chilled leftover BBQ chicken (seasoned with Morton's Nature Seasons seasoning blend), chopped avocado and Annie's Tuscan Italian Dressing. The Annie's dressing is really good! I had to read the labels closely, but found one that would work for us. And it was on sale! The salad probably wasn't something I usually would've thought to throw together but it was so yummy.

I do think I need to work on getting more protein into my day. I find myself pretty hungry between meals, but don't really have any protein rich snacks to munch on. I'd usually go for nuts, but since those are out right now I need something new. I'm not usually a huge meat eater, so I don't really want to add more of that, but we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Watch your protein, fat and calories. Hummus might work well as a snack! Maybe fresh veggies and dip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike ;) I got some hummus at Trader Joes the other day and had it with carrots last night. Beanie even joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. put lentils on your salads and you won't crash so hard when it is time for a snack.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.